Does anyone have any experience remounting slide-mounts in Faure’s medium?  We have hundreds of slides here (borrowed) of Aphelinus (Chalcidoidea) mounted in Faure’s in the 70’s, many of which have turned black and some of which are unusable.  Some are probably valuable enough to merit remounting, if we knew how to do it.

I have remounted a lot of slides from Hoyer’s in my day, but not Faure’s.  To be sure, the formula’s for Hoyers and Faure’s are pretty similar (both are aqueous), so I guess we could try the Hoyer’s route if nobody has a better idea.

Thanks!

Jim

Jim Woolley
Professor of Entomology