Hi,

Does anyone know what the legalities of sending specimens on loan to Brazil
are? I just heard from an Italian colleague that there can be problems
returning the specimens to the lender unless there are special agreements
in place (in particular for specimens that originated from Brazil). I have
not heard about this before (maybe I am a little bit out of the loop). In
recent years we have sent several loans to Brazil, some major and some
including material that originated from Brazil. I am a bit concerned now. I
would appreciate your insights.

Thanks in advance,

                Matthias

--