Hi All -

Shipping to and from Brazil required 2 documents -

An MTA (Materials Transfer Agreement) between your institution and the
receiving institution in Brazil. Each MTA document only works in one
"direction" so make sure when you arrange for one, that you arrange both a
sending and receiving MTA. These must be set up in advance and may extend
for a few years (depending on the terms of the agreement). When we make
ours, we try to make them for as long as possible. Note, if you have an MTA
with one institution, it will not be valid for other institutions.

You (may) also need a declaration of sanitation, which is mainly important
for specimens in alcohol. We've had trouble getting the shipments through
without an official stamp or notarization of the document, so make sure you
include that as well. Each page of an original copy sent in the shipment
must have a signature and a seal. We've had no problem with a simple
embosser that says "Field Museum"

Also, it's worth it to include all documents in both English and Portugese.

Hope this helps!

Crystal

--
Crystal A. Maier