Hi all,

We have had no problems sending and receiving specimens from Brazilian institutions once the respective agreements are signed. Here is a website with some further information about shipping specimens to Brazil (note: receiving specimens requires a different form from Brazil):

https://mcz.harvard.edu/collectionsoperations/internal/brazil_mta_conditions.html

-Neal

From: Entomological Collections Network Listserve <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>> on behalf of Matthias Buck <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>
Date: Monday, September 12, 2016 at 9:06 AM
To: "[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>" <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>
Subject: Re: Loans to researchers/institutions in Brazil

Hi again,

Thank you for this first round of replies! This is very insightful.

I have some follow-up questions:

1) Are MTA's only needed for "Brazilian Genetic Heritage" specimens? The specimens we have out on loan are pinned insects that are unsuitable and not intended for genetic studies.
2) Can export MTA's be arranged for specimens that are already in Brazil? They did enter the country without problem a few years ago. Of course, we would like to receive them back also.
3) Are MTA's needed for non-Brazilian specimens?

Thanks again, Matthias