Dear ECNers,

My message below barely hit the ether before I got a private message
thinking I was criticizing the current ECN officers. That is not at all
my intention, I see nothing but dedicated devotion among our officers.
If I was going to criticize anyone, it is the general membership who
values ECN but will not step up for community service. Our current
officers have asked for volunteers to stand for election, but they end
up having to repeat their terms.  Some may say "but they said they would
do it again," but their willingness to continue to serve simply
demonstrates their commitment to all of us, it is no excuse for others
to shirk helping with the load.

ECN is extremely, let me repeat that EXTREMELY important to our group.
Consider stepping up to a stronger service role as an officer.

Mike

On 9/13/2016 11:58 AM, Michael A. Ivie wrote:

> [...]
>>>     publishers might be a better way to provide published specimen
>>>     occurrence data to GBIF than individual researchers as most
>>>     taxonomists likely do not want to deal with an extra step of
>>>     uploading the specimen data through a GBIF IPT. Obviously,
>>>     journals published by Pensoft do exactly this service (and many
>>>     others) for the taxonomists.
>>>
>>>     I will touch on this (and other topics) during my talk at the
>>>     upcoming ECN meeting.
>>>
>>>     Cheers, Torsten

>>>     . . . . .
>>>     Torsten Dikow, Ph.D.
>>>     Research Entomologist for Diptera
>>>     w 202.633.1005 <tel:202.633.1005> [log in to unmask]
>>>     <mailto:[log in to unmask]>
>>>
>>>     SMITHSONIAN INSTITUTION
>>>     NATIONAL MUSEUM OF NATURAL HISTORY
>>>
>>>     . . . asiloidflies.si.edu <http://asiloidflies.si.edu/>
>>>
>>>     . . . @TDikow <http://www.twitter.com/TDikow> #asiloidflies
>>>     <https://twitter.com/search?f=tweets&q=asiloidflies>
>>>     #USNMDiptera <https://twitter.com/search?f=tweets&q=#USNMDiptera>
>>>
>>>     . . . SI Entomology staff page
>>>     <http://entomology.si.edu/StaffPages/DikowT.html>
>>>
>>>     . . . access to research data at ORCiD
>>>     http://orcid.org/0000-0003-4816-2909
>>>     <http://orcid.org/0000-0003-4816-2909>
>>>

>>     --
>>     Ohio State University
>>     Norman F. Johnson, Professor
>>     Moser Chair in Arthropod Biosystematics & Biological Diversity
>>     Professor & Associate Chair, Department of Evolution, Ecology &
>>     Organismal Biology
>>     Professor, Department of Entomology Director, C.A. Triplehorn
>>     Insect Collection
>>     College of Arts & Sciences Department of Evolution, Ecology &
>>     Organismal Biology
>>     1220 Museum of Biological Diversity, 1315 Kinnear Road, Columbus,
>>     OH 43212
>>     614-292-6595 <tel:614-292-6595> Office / 614-292-7774
>>     <tel:614-292-7774> Fax
>>     [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]> wasps.osu.edu
>>     <http://wasps.osu.edu>
>>

>> --
>>
>> +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
>> Derek S. Sikes, Curator of Insects
>> Associate Professor of Entomology
>> University of Alaska Museum
>> 907 Yukon Drive
>> Fairbanks, AK 99775-6960

>> phone: 907-474-6278
>> FAX: 907-474-5469
>>
>> University of Alaska Museum  -  search 347,746 digitized arthropod
>> records
>> http://arctos.database.museum/uam_ento_all
>> <http://www.uaf.edu/museum/collections/ento/>
>>
>> Interested in Alaskan Entomology? Join the Alaska Entomological
>> Society and / or sign up for the email listserv "Alaska Entomological
>> Network" at
>> http://www.akentsoc.org/contact_us <http://www.akentsoc.org/contact.php>
>
> --
>
> Michael A. Ivie, Ph.D., F.R.E.S.
>
> NOTE: two addresses with different Zip Codes depending on carriers

Michael A. Ivie, Ph.D., F.R.E.S.