ECN'ers,

Years ago, as a graduate student taking Dr. Burke's famed insect
systematics courses, I found Dr. Burke to be an extremely knowledgeable,
no-nonsense professor. Since then, I had the good fortune to come to know
him as a kind and warm individual who was always very helpful with the
beetle and historical entomological queries I sent his way. I was deeply
saddened to learn of his passing earlier this week.

Somewhat surprisingly, the only photos I have of Dr. Burke are from a
screen capture I shot during his recent induction as an Honorary Member of
The Coleopterists Society
https://goo.gl/photos/tGuYrzgG2XorMpiR8

However, I do have photos of a weevil endemic to east-central Texas that
was named for Dr. Burke by Anne Howden:

Isodacrys burkei A. Howden, 1961
http://bugguide.net/node/view/267774

Earlier this year, Dr. Burke donated his personal library and papers to Sam
Houston State University, Huntsville, TX
https://www.shsu.edu/dept/office-of-research-and-sponsored-programs/news/
Newsletter/VolI-IssII/avp.html
or: http://bit.ly/2cc6nwb

Mike Quinn, Austin, TX