From: Entomological Collections Network Listserve <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Matthias Buck <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Monday, September 12, 2016 10:41 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Loans to researchers/institutions in Brazil

Hi,

Does anyone know what the legalities of sending specimens on loan to Brazil are? I just heard from an Italian colleague that there can be problems returning the specimens to the lender unless there are special agreements in place (in particular for specimens that originated from Brazil). I have not heard about this before (maybe I am a little bit out of the loop). In recent years we have sent several loans to Brazil, some major and some including material that originated from Brazil. I am a bit concerned now. I would appreciate your insights.

Thanks in advance,

                Matthias

--
Dr. Matthias Buck