From: ECN-L automatic digest system <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Tuesday, September 13, 2016 7:00 AM
Subject: ECN-L Digest - 9 Sep 2016 to 12 Sep 2016 (#2016-128)

----- Forwarded Message -----

ECN-L Digest - 9 Sep 2016 to 12 Sep 2016 (#2016-128)

ECN-L Digest - 9 Sep 2016 to 12 Sep 2016 (#2016-128)

Table of contents:

  1. Loans to researchers/institutions in Brazil

Hi,

Does anyone know what the legalities of sending specimens on loan to Brazil are? I just heard from an Italian colleague that there can be problems returning the specimens to the lender unless there are special agreements in place (in particular for specimens that originated from Brazil). I have not heard about this before (maybe I am a little bit out of the loop). In recent years we have sent several loans to Brazil, some major and some including material that originated from Brazil. I am a bit concerned now. I would appreciate your insights.

Thanks in advance,

                Matthias

--
Dr. Matthias Buck
Invertebrate Zoology

Cheers,
Gene

Gene Hall
University of Arizona Insect Collection (Manager)
& CALS Cooperative Extension (Insect Diagnostics)
Department of Entomology
1140 E. South Campus Dr.
University of Arizona
Tucson, AZ  85721