ECN Members,

I just wanted to take this opportunity to thank each and every one of you for helping make this year’s ECN meeting in Orlando one of our most successful meetings ever (230+ attendees, 4 symposia and 4 contributed talks sessions for 50 talks and 21 posters).  From the many presenters who shared your time, expertise and experience to the many volunteers who helped moderate or organize symposia to all of you who came and were engaged audience members, we, the Organizing Committee of ECN, express our profound gratitude.  I would also like to publicly thank my fellow Executive council members and the Social Media team for their tireless efforts before, during and after the meeting concluded.  As I said in my opening remarks, as President I end up receiving far more of the credit for how things go, but it’s the work of this great team that actually makes it all possible.

I would also like remind everyone, especially our growing international membership,  that, even if you are not able to attend the meeting, we live stream the entire meeting (so you can attend virtually) thanks to our partnership with iDigBio.  And since 2014, we also provide subsequent access to the talks for those that missed the meeting, or for those that missed a specific talk, or for those that just wish to revisit something that you saw or heard at the meeting.  In the future, I’m hoping we can also find a way to host PDFs of the posters after the meeting in a similar fashion to the talks.

2014 ECN meeting in Austin, TX:  https://www.idigbio.org/wiki/index.php/ECN_2014

2015 ECN meeting in Minneapolis, MN: https://www.idigbio.org/wiki/index.php/ECN_2015

2016 ECN meeting in Orlando, FL:  COMING SOON!!!

I will be sharing the contents of our meetings with our new organizational partners with an eye toward creating co-sponsored symposia, workshops or meetings in the future. Thank you to those who completed the survey as we begin the process of planning for next year.  We are still working on getting more details so we can make an informed decision about the dates and specific venue for the 2017 meeting in Denver, but we will keep you apprised all along the way of our thoughts and plans.  We already have 1 suggestion for a possible symposium topic, and we are actively looking for more so please contact us if you have an idea that we can help you develop into a full quarter to half day symposium.  Please help us continue to grow, continue to evolve, and continue to thrive so that we bring you the best product and the best value meeting we can!!!  Thanks again one and all and enjoy the rest of your time in Orlando.  Safe travels home or to wherever your next destination takes you.

Cheers,

Floyd

Floyd W. Shockley, Ph.D., F.R.E.S.

Collections Manager (Acting)