Due to changes at work, I am one of those I would consider to be "not on
Facebook" now. I also don't own a smart phone. I access the website
(Calontir.org) or the email list for information, and print anything I need
(event flyer, directions, etc) or let my travel companions know I don't
have the access to the internet if I'm not at home.

There are lots of ways to get information. The biggest thing is making sure
that if you post updates on Facebook, you ALSO post them here or falcon
banner or the event website etc. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Facebook, but
it should *never* be the only source of information for an event
(especially for last minute changes (in the week or two before the event).
Send the email to the list-serve. It covers most everyone. If you that and
Facebook, people will probably get the information.

Amba

On Tue, Oct 11, 2016 at 9:21 AM, Rex Deaver <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> The Falcon Banner posts here, and Facebook, and Google+ as well as to
> those subscribed directly.
>
> PDFs are not necessarily the best either; there are people who are online,
> but only on their phone. A text page on a mobile-friendly website, such as
> the Falcon Banner but there are other options, plus posting to this list,
> is the optimum way to reach most people. And, as has been mentioned, if it
> ain't in the Mews it ain't an event, so you have to publish there as well.
>
> Hope that helps
>
> Mathurin
> *Non nobis solum*
>
> On Tue, Oct 11, 2016 at 9:13 AM, Gwendolyn Sweezey <
> [log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
>> We also have The Falcon Banner that shares information via email, for
>> those who wish to subscribe.
>>
>> Gwendolyn
>>

>> On Tuesday, October 11, 2016, Edie Nest Hays <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>>
>>> This listserv is the place for people who can’t be bothered with
>>> Facebook.
>>>
>>> And the Mews. The Mews is still available in print for those who choose
>>> not to deal with electronics.
>>>
>>> If I remember correctly, an event only listed on Facebook cannot be an
>>> “official" event.
>>>
>>> Nest
>>>
>>> On Oct 11, 2016, at 8:27 AM, hcochran <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>>>
>>> New topic: Finding out who is not on Facebook
>>>
>>> There has been a request to empirically determine who is not a Facebook
>>> user (1), and what is the best way of disseminating large chunks of
>>> information to those active Calontiri (2).
>>>
>>>  The issue arose by me distributing some preliminary RUSH booklets at
>>> Crown this past weekend, as perhaps this was a less efficient and less cost
>>> effective way to do things.
>>>
>>>  I am most willing to accept new ideas. However, another person did ask
>>> for empirical data as to the actual number of "off the grid" folks for whom
>>> paper materials are the best method of outreach.
>>>
>>>  Ideas? Suggestions?

>>> Rosalie