Actually, FedEx and the USPS have both been good to me. My USPS experiences were many years ago, though, and since then I've used FedEx Ground. I pay extra to insure the piece to its full value, and I require a signature. I also photograph carefully exactly how the piece is packed in its Airfloat strongbox, with a piece of foam board cut to the outer dimensions of the front face of the frame in order to protect the painted surface from any incursion, and before that, I take good photographs of the piece both in its frame and out of the frame, front and back, to document the quality of the artwork. I haven't yet had a problem. So I don't know how either FedEx or USPS would deal with me if there were to be a problem. I just try to take all the steps I can in order to avoid one. The problems I have had so far have all had to do with damage to frames during the exhibition hanging and repacking process. Don't get me started on those. 😲 B

Sent from my iPhone