Hi all,

FYI, an unfortunate article has just been published:

Coca-Abia, M.M.; Romero-Samper, J. 2016: Establishment of the identity of Costelytra zealandica (White 1846) (Coleoptera: Scarabeidae: Melolonthinae) a species commonly known as the New Zealand grass grub. New Zealand entomologist, doi: 10.1080/00779962.2016.1230254

This article attempts to change the name of one of N.Z.'s most significant insect pests! There is absolutely no need for the name to be changed. Art. 75.6 ( http://www.nhm.ac.uk/hosted-sites/iczn/code/index.jsp?article=75 ) of the International Code of Zoological Nomenclature should instead be invoked to maintain prevailing usage of the name Costelytra zealandica, and prevailing usage maintained until the Commission makes a ruling!

My opinions will probably be ignored around here, so I hope others will get involved to try to clean up this mess!

Stephen