Dear Cather Scholars,

The Willa Cather Newsletter & Review welcomes scholarly essays for potential publication. We seek submissions from a variety of perspectives, including pedagogy, and we welcome essays from graduate students. Essays should generally not exceed 5,000 words. Essays should be submitted in Microsoft Word as email attachments and should follow current MLA guidelines. Once received and determined to suit our needs, essays are sent out for blind peer review. Our process can take a few months, but we generally operate more quickly than many journals. We operate on a rolling deadline and welcome submissions at any time. If you’ve presented a Cather paper at a conference, prepared one for class, or are sitting on a great essay you’ve written, we hope to hear from you! Please direct inquiries and/or essays to Ann Romines at [log in to unmask].

Thanks,

Steve Shively, Bob Thacker, and Ann Romines