Confidence can be a hurdle learning to draw. I liked to show examples of people's drawings that progress from untutored to a few weeks experience. The ones in "Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain" show this progression.

-----Original Message-----
From: SciArt-L Discussion List-for Natural Science Illustration- [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Laurie Bebick
Sent: Monday, 7 November 2016 6:59 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [SCIART] teaching adults to draw

I am teaching a  drawing class to adults who have little to no drawing experience. I am finding that many of them are struggling and are disheartened by how hard drawing is. Does anyone have advise on trying to keep their spirits-up? I have only taught 2 classes so far, one on value and how to measure proportions. I have 3 more to go.

Need to leave or subscribe to the Sciart-L listserv? Follow the instructions at http://www.gnsi.org/resources/reviews/gnsi-sciart-l-listserv
This E-Mail is intended only for the addressee. Its use is limited to that intended by the author at the time and it is not to be distributed without the author's consent. Unless otherwise stated, the State of Queensland accepts no liability for the contents of this E-Mail except where subsequently confirmed in writing. The opinions expressed in this E-Mail are those of the author and do not necessarily represent the views of the State of Queensland. This E-Mail is confidential and may be subject to a claim of legal privilege. If you have received this E-Mail in error, please notify the author and delete this message immediately.