Thanks Britt, Will ask for guidance off list for this type of guidance. Best,

OC Carlisle
Guild of Natural Science Illustrators
“Take Flight And Soar With Your Dreams”

On Nov 9, 2016, at 5:38 PM, Emily S. Damstra <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Good reminder; thank you Britt.

---
Emily S. Damstra
natural science illustration
Guelph, Ontario
Check out my newly redesigned website:
www.emilydamstra.com
Twitter: @EmilyDamstra

On Wed, Nov 9, 2016 at 5:37 PM, Britt Griswold <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
There are some concerns about discussing current pricing in this forum, which we sponsor as a 301c(3) educational entity.

In general, it is OK to discuss prices actually charge more than 3 months in the past (not what you would charge today). But it would be better to keep it a little more theoretical by pointing to other online information or presenting the components that go into a pricing decision.

For example the discussion here about service fees for providing files, could be put as a "I charge a nominal fee to cover my time, usually about 20-30 min. of effort. You can see my policy here: http://emilydamstra.com/faq/#1444145362027-afbfcc24-bfd1"

Britt