advice!
(Sorry, I'm typing on a tiny phone keyboard!)

On Thursday, November 10, 2016, Megan Mosier <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Thanks so much for the advice?

On Wednesday, November 9, 2016, Britt Griswold <[log in to unmask]');" target="_blank">[log in to unmask]gov> wrote:
Megan,

Fair is making a living wage for yourself. And retaining reproduction rights, or providing them limited, non-exclusive reproduction rights, spelled out in a contract.

There has been much discussion here in the archives you can look up ("pricing"). Basically you need to figure out a yearly income you need to thrive as an artist. This includes all the insurance, retirement, and overhead for running a business. Once you have that number, divide by 1500hrs (the other 500 are overhead for promoting your business, and time off) to get an hourly rate. Then multiply by the number of hours you expect to make the pieces you want to sell tot he University.

Then cross compare what the big online stock houses would charge for use of an image, and add in a markup for selling the original art to them (50- 200% of the use price according to the GAG handbook.)

See if you can get these two numbers to align.

Britt