Thanks Karen.  When I lived in Indianapolis I took an historical art techniques course. I absolutely loved it and learned how to make traditional paint substrates using rabbit skin glue.  We did encaustic, egg tempera and on plaster.  I loved it.  Thank you for the great blog as it brought back great memories and makes me want to pull out my dry pigments.All the best.Deb
Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Thu, Nov 17, 2016 at 9:03 AM, Anne Runyon<[log in to unmask]> wrote:   Thank you Karen.  I am struck by how many interesting classes are offered independently. It seems as if this cottage industry - defined by specialties - is one great way to make a living as an artist. This talented artist, living in beautiful New Hampshire, has an unique studio setting with hospitality and a specialized technique offered. Maybe GNSI could develop a panel for our upcoming conference about this “cottage industry” way to thrive as a detailed-oriented, natural science artist these days. (... and thriving ain’t easy!) Best,Anniewww.annerunyon.com
www.gnsi.org/profile/anne-marshall-runyon From: Karen Ackoff Sent: Thursday, November 17, 2016 12:35 AMTo: [log in to unmask] Subject: [SCIART] traditional egg tempera Hello All,  This past summer I took a workshop in traditional egg tempera with Koo Schadler at her studio in New Hampshire. Koo is a wonderful instructor, being well versed both in art history as well as being a talented painter who is generous with her knowledge. I’ve written a blog entry about the workshop, if anyone is interested. http://ackoffstudio.blogspot.com/ Enjoy! Karen