Assistant Professor of Musicology

The Bass School of Music at Oklahoma City University invites applications
for the nine-month, tenure track position of Assistant Professor of
Musicology to begin August 15, 2017. We welcome a variety of interests and
specializations within the field of musicology or ethnomusicology. The
successful candidate will teach undergraduate and graduate courses in music
history and music in global contexts. We invite applications from
candidates who have a strong commitment to teaching excellence, creative
activity and scholarship, student mentoring, university and community
service. Faculty members participate in the school's assessment program and
in student recruiting and retention efforts for the school and the
university.

Qualifications

A PhD in Musicology or Ethnomusicology is required at the time of
appointment. Three-years of university-level teaching experience is
preferred.  A strong commitment to the teaching of undergraduate students
is expected.

Applicants will be asked to upload a Curriculum Vitae, Letter of
Application, Statement of Teaching Philosophy, Unofficial Transcripts, and
a list of 3-5 references with contact information.

Contact for Additional Questions

Search Chair: Dr. Melissa Plamann, Wanda L. Bass School of Music, mmplamann
-at- okcu.edu
Diversity Advocate: Kelly Holst, Wanda L. Bass School of Music, kmholst
-at- okcu.edu

Full details:

https://okcu.silkroad.com/epostings/index.cfm?fuseaction=app.jobinfo&jobid=712&source=ONLINE&JobOwner=992779&company_id=16211&version=1&byBusinessUnit=NULL&bycountry=0&bystate=0&keywords=musicology