REMINDER: Call for Papers and Lecture-Recitals

Music and/as Discipline: Graduate Students in Music (GSIM) Conference

CFP Deadline: January 7, 2017

March 10-11, 2017

http://gsim.commons.gc.cuny.edu/2014/10/10/call-for-papers/

Graduate Center, City University of New York (New York City)

Details:
How do musicians, music scholars, and musical works engage in and/or resist discipline? We invite graduate students in any academic field to submit proposals for papers and lecture-recitals relating to this theme, broadly construed. The conference will include a keynote address from Prof. William Cheng (Dartmouth) titled “When Good Musicians Do Bad Things." Presentations will be 20 minutes long with 10 minutes for discussion. Lecture-recitals are limited to 40 minutes. Composers are responsible for providing their own musicians to perform their piece(s). Please contact cuny.gsim -at- gmail.com with any questions. We look forward to your submissions!