CFP deadline January 30, 2017
7-10 June 2017
Dipartimento di Musicologia e Beni Culturali, Università degli Studi di Pavia sede di Cremona
Accademica Nazionale Virgiliana, Mantua
Conservatorio di Musica “L. Campiani”, Mantua
· Cremona The Young Monteverdi and the Sacred Music
· Mantua L’Orfeo and the Madrigals (1590-1612/13); Culture and Society
The program committee (Paola Besutti, Massimiliano Guido, Sandra Martani, Massimo Ossi, Roberto Perata, Daniele Sabaino, Angela Romagnoli) invites proposals on any aspect of Monteverdi’s music (both analytical and/or historical) related to the general themes, with the following guidelines:
- individual papers (20 minutes long, with 10 minutes for discussion)
- lecture-recitals (30 minutes long, with 10 minutes for discussion)
- concerts (45-60 minutes long)
Proposals should be prepared as follows:
- Individual papers: maximum 250 words
- Lecture recitals/Performances: 250-word summary (with CV, sample recording, and presentation details)
All proposals should be anonymous. Personal identification and affiliation should be indicated only in the email body.
All proposals should be submitted as PDF attachments, no later than January 30, 2017 by email at < claudiomonteverdi450 -at- gmail.com>.
The detailed program will be announced no later than February 15, 2017.
The working language of the conference will be English. Papers can be presented in Italian, English, French, and German.