Tenth Biennial International Conference on Music Since 1900 and Surrey Music Analysis Conference (ICMSN/SurreyMAC 2017)
Monday 11 to Thursday 14 September 2017
University of Surrey, Guildford, UK
DEADLINE FOR PROPOSAL SUBMISSIONS: 20 January 2017
The ICMSN theme is music since 1900. Proposals for papers may be submitted on any topic relating to 20th- and 21st-century musics (of any genre), drawing on scholarly approaches from any relevant intellectual discipline.
The Music Analysis Conference welcomes papers on any aspect of theory and analysis relating to music of any genre and historical period.
Proposals in the following categories will be considered:
* Papers (20 minutes maximum)
* Paper sessions (three or four papers, each of 20 minutes maximum)
* Roundtable discussions (up to 6 participants, each giving a short position paper, followed by a general discussion, total running time of 90 or 120 minutes)
* Recitals, lecture-recitals and lectures illustrated by sound diffusions or audio-visual screenings (maximum duration 90 minutes)
* Demonstrations and discussions of practice (maximum duration 90 minutes)
Abstracts and proposals should be prepared as follows:
* For individual papers: up to 250 words
* For paper sessions: 250-word (maximum) summary and up to 200 words for each session participant
* For roundtable discussions: 250-word (maximum) and up to 150 words for each panel participant
* For recitals, lecture-recitals and lectures illustrated by sound diffusions or audio-visual screenings: 250 word (maximum) summary, plus participant CVs and recordings / scores / other details of works to be included in the event (contact the organiser to discuss)
* For demonstrations and discussions of practice: 250 word (maximum) summary, plus participant CVs and recordings / scores / other details of works to be included in the event (contact the organiser to discuss, and to ascertain equipment and space available).
All proposals must be sent by email as a MS Word or pdf attachment to c.mark -at- surrey.ac.uk
All enquiries should be sent to c.mark -at- surrey.ac.uk
Applicants will be informed of the outcome of their proposal by 17 March.