*Call for Book or Chapter Proposals: Music and Brain Research
<https://vernonpress.com/proposal?id=13&uid=9aa109b5700bad1035ab0f3d5242dd32>
*Vernon Press invites book or chapter proposals on the theme of “Music and
Brain Research” for our book series in Cognitive Science and Psychology.
All areas of study, with the common goal of representing the current state
of music perception and cognitive neuroscience of music, are encouraged to
submit, including disciplines such as Psychology, Anthropology,
Neuroscience, Philosophy, Education, Musicology and more. Contributions may
be monographs, chapters, or edited collections of original chapters.

 Possible topics include (non-comprehensive list):

•    brain correlates of music processing
•    brain plasticity & other benefits of music in the brain
•    resiliency of the musical brain
•    cognitive, affective and motor components of music perception
•    computational and neuroscientific bases of musical understanding and
behavior
•    why is music special? neurobiological mechanisms underlying amusia

*How to submit your proposal*
Please submit one-page monograph proposals at submissions [at]
vernonpress.com including an annotated summary/motivation, a short
biographical note and (if applicable) a list of similar titles. Proposals
that treat other topics in Cognitive Science or Psychology are also
welcome. More information on what we look for in a proposal is available on
our website
<https://vernonpress.com/gcp?id=3&uid=92e0e48529cc3bb4e319030a09dad1b3>.