Call for Book or Chapter Proposals: Music and Brain Research

Vernon Press invites book or chapter proposals on the theme of “Music and Brain Research” for our book series in Cognitive Science and Psychology. All areas of study, with the common goal of representing the current state of music perception and cognitive neuroscience of music, are encouraged to submit, including disciplines such as Psychology, Anthropology, Neuroscience, Philosophy, Education, Musicology and more. Contributions may be monographs, chapters, or edited collections of original chapters.

 Possible topics include (non-comprehensive list):

•    brain correlates of music processing
•    brain plasticity & other benefits of music in the brain
•    resiliency of the musical brain
•    cognitive, affective and motor components of music perception
•    computational and neuroscientific bases of musical understanding and behavior
•    why is music special? neurobiological mechanisms underlying amusia

How to submit your proposal
Please submit one-page monograph proposals at submissions [at] vernonpress.com including an annotated summary/motivation, a short biographical note and (if applicable) a list of similar titles. Proposals that treat other topics in Cognitive Science or Psychology are also welcome. More information on what we look for in a proposal is available on our website.