CFP: Hidden Narratives essay collection

Briefly, this book project seeks to demonstrate how recovering erased narratives of women in music can enrich our understanding of music and music historiography. We invite work that challenges the accepted historiographical model and examines the musical labor of women in vernacular musics of all types. We also welcome work that explores other facets of women in the music industry such as session work, engineering, administrative and support roles, and similar activities, as well as the role of female fans and audience culture. For full information, please visit http://www.kendraprestonleonard.com/2016/10/18/cfp-hidden-narratives-essay-collection/Abstracts of 350-500 words will be due by December 31, 2016 to paulajbishop -at- gmail.com. The deadline for full essays is July 1, 2017.