I know that it is never palatable to increase the cost of the entrance fee, but at the same time I have never seen anything that I would consider foolhardy or wasteful spending at Lillies, It should be considered which would be worse, paying an extra 10 bucks a person or so or cutting back on things like tents for our A&S classes.  Personally I don't see how a person goes to Lillies without dropping 500 or so, and another 10 bucks, to me anyway, would mean less than losing tents that contribute to the overall experience.  But I am just guessing on an increase amount and that is just my opinion.  I will not be able to make it to 12th Night but I would hope that an increase at the gate is also discussed, we are cheaper than many other wars after all.

Alan Berylson

On Thu, Dec 22, 2016 at 12:16 PM, Steve Boyd <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
At closing court of Lilies 2015, Master Rhodri announced attendance of 1056, ten below Calontir'smagic number.

Andrixos

-----Original Message-----
From: Alan Berylson
Sent: Dec 22, 2016 1:44 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [CALONTIR] Historical questions about Lillies.

  I believe year before last was a bit over 1100, Last year I understand it was considerably lower, partly because many of us went to 50 year and could not do both, and also it was a year with record high temperatures and many decided they could not deal with the temperatures, still like many events around the SCA attendance has dropped for whatever reason and the Lillies Committee is asking our input on how best to cope with it. We all thank them for being open about the situation and asking our input.

 YIS,
         Alan Berylson