From: Historical Recreation in the Kingdom of Calontir <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Steve Boyd <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Monday, December 26, 2016 7:34:39 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [CALONTIR] Historical questions about Lillies.

Keep in mind the calendar issues.
Lilies is about 5-6 weeks before Pennsic.
Most alliances have been made 6-8 months beforehand.
Lilies is the last major event of our outgoing Crown, and after a fashion the "climax" of their reign.
It is a minor faux pas as Prince to make Lilies too much about yourself, and the plans for your reign.
The typical size of the Calontir Pennsic army nowadays is 35-40.  That is the size of a medium to large household.  Yes, we perform better than our numbers in certain situations, but it is not worth the time and investment of a foreign king to come to Lilies just to acquire troops, unless we up our Pennsic numbers.

Also kingdom law specifically prohibits a Lilies War scenario of "Calontir vs. X"

Andrixos