I use Google docs to open and deliver all my Microsoft docs whether
generated at work on MS Office software or at home in Google cloud. Opens
everything Microsoft with no fuss.

On Dec 9, 2016 10:30 AM, "Linda Feltner" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

HI All:
Tis the Season to ... Upgrade the computer....(grrr, argh)....

I am considering purchasing a new computer, and wondered if you MAC folks
could tell me how you use Microsoft office products on the new Mac OS
systems.  My system is "vintage".

The Adobe Creative Suite that I depend on, I understand it's now in the
cloud.  But what about Microsoft Excel, Word, & Powerpoint?

I know there are alternatives, but I cannot change all my teaching
Powerpoint presentations to Keynote. And I really can't see changing Word
or Excel documents into anything else.
I might start using new software, but I must open my archived files in
those programs.
Perhaps now they can be EASILY imported, but I am not aware of this.

Have any of you begun to use Google Docs and Sheets, and just maintain your
files in the Google cloud? I've used it a little bit, but not to have my
business depend on it.

No, I really don't want to do this, but your opinion would be helpful to
narrow down my research.
Best cheer of the Season!
Linda
Linda M. Feltner Artist, LLC
www.lindafeltner.com

Need to leave or subscribe to the Sciart-L listserv? Follow the
instructions at