I'd guess that's because of the third-party setup, Britt; I've been on
CC for awhile with noissues, other that the original install (all of my
install software was in Czechoslovakian-- and I am not kidding. I had to
look up the key phrases, but the programs all installed in English; no
one could figure out why the installer wasn't in Englishin the first
place).

Gail

On 12/9/16 12:02 PM, Britt Griswold wrote:
> I know PSD 6 still works on El Capitan Mac OS, but I don't know about
> the latest Sierra.
>
> I have not been fond of my Adobe CC experience. Thia may be because of
> the need to go through a government purchase to a third party. not
> dealing directly with Adobe,Plus they keep changing th APIs fo my
> third party plugin are always breaking, so I need to keep older
> versions of the Suite on hand. So my small SSD main drive is filling
> up fast.
>
> Britt
>
> On 12/9/16 11:33 AM, Lynette Cook wrote:
>> I'm in the same boat, as my "newest" computer is 8 years old. . .
>> though already purchased my 27" iMac (still in a box) and some
>> software. I DID get the latest Office to install (have been using it
>> for years on my Macs) - but PAY ATTENTION when you buy it. There are
>> multiple versions out there. One is a year-long subscription and
>> seemed to be the lowest price. I don't want an annual fee. There's
>> also the "key" version that you download and install; this is the one
>> I have. Sometime between now and the end of the year I'll get the
>> system up and running, deadlines permitting.
>>
>> The part I'm not so sure about is whether I can use my Photoshop CS3
>> on the new iMac. A friend told me that older versions of PS work on
>> newer Macs if you upgrade something. . . Flash, maybe? I'll check. I
>> do have Photoshop CS5 in a box that I never opened. Might be time to
>> try that one.
>>
>> As for storage, I understand you get some free cloud storage with
>> Apple when you buy a new computer - and the prices for adding more
>> storage didn't seem that bad. Thought I might put copies of image
>> files there are extra safekeeping. Anybody doing that?
>>
>> Lynette
>

> --
> _______________________________________
> Britt Griswold/SED Code 600