Dear All,

               Roy Larimer, who built the system I use to photograph small
specimens, long ago worked out how to save and replace measurement scales in
Photoshop Extended. This is invaluable, as he has calibrated every
magnification on every lens and saves hours of typing to put the measurement
scales in by hand.

Once installed in CS6 or CS5 Extended you can set the measurement scale for
an image and then place an accurate scale line in the photo (after resetting
the font to something readable rather than the 4pt default).

The system is Windows based.

A colleague in New Zealand is locked into using Creative Cloud, which has
automatic updates. A recent update wiped out his ability to access the
measurement scales. CC  does not have extended versions but does include the
measurement function.

This is what we do for older versions, modified from Roy's instructions. And
it may be useful to some of you.

"How to swap out an old measurement file in Photoshop CS3, 4, 5 or 6

Right click the new PS measurement file you have and select copy.

Go into control panel

Control Panel\Appearance and Personalization

Then select show hidden files.

  Then go here on the C drive

C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS6\Adobe Photoshop CS6
Settings

Remove your old measurement file (Save it first) and paste in the new one.

The next time you use the measurements in PS you will have ALL the settings.

I would strongly recommend that you copy the old file and save it somewhere
safe in the event you wish to revert back or need it to verify a measurement
on an older file.

Path in Windows to place the PS measurement file.

C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS6\Adobe Photoshop CS6
Settings

The file is called "Measurement Scales.psp".

I recently found that there were separate similar files for CS5 and CS6 on a
Melbourne computer.

Does anybody know how to find the measurement file in the latest version of
Photoshop CC?

Thanks,

Geoff