From: Historical Recreation in the Kingdom of Calontir <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Jerry Harder <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Tuesday, January 17, 2017 6:34:41 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [CALONTIR] Lilies Committee Meeting - 12th Night

And if you come latter what is left is a super sloping wet spot full of
hedge apple thorns and poison ivy...And still, someone else -not who you
were told, camps in the spot right next to you you wanted and its all of
a sudden OK.  I find it insanely frustrating to be told you can camp
anywhere -there are no reserved spots, then you have to move, maybe more
than once.   It's intimidating because NOTHING you can do will be right,
and it feels very unfriendly, and unwelcoming.  Even as a peer this has
happened to me.  I can't imagine how this must feel to someone less
known or a brand new first timer.  It IS A PROBLEM.  Hence, I think we
should  admit that there really are some traditional "reserved" spots,
and ask that the privilege be be paid a little extra for.  Then If you
haven't paid for the privilege it doesn't matter what the tradition is.
If someone is in your spot, suck it up and pay next time.  This does
mean privileged spots need be marked out.