As as been mentioned before, the Lillies Committee does not need help with identifying extraneous expenses.

The problem is not that we spend too much; it is that not enough people are coming. That has been the case for some time, but this last year, in a misguided attempt to draw people away from 50th Year, or at least convince them to come to Lillies also, the site fee was dramatically reduced. This simply exasperated an already tentative situation.

What the Committee needs is ideas for getting more people to come. You cannot convince more people to come by pinching pennies, reducing amenities and activities. If you are coming to the meeting to recommend eliminating A&S tents and having everyone bring their own toilet paper, your input will not be helpful.

Mathurin
Non nobis solum