Hello!

I am hiring a friend to create some illustrations for a children's book I
am writing using Kickstarter to fund the publication of the book. I was
given the idea to draw up a contract for the work and have no idea where to
start. I was pointed to this listserv as a place that may be able to help
me out.

I've read through some online templates, but wanted to know if there is a
standard contract that most illustrators use for this type of work? Does
the illustrator keep the copyright of the images with a 1 time use
exception for publishing the book? I would like the illustrator to be able
to use the images in her portfolio and her website, but maybe not sell
them. Do you have any suggestions for me?

Thanks in advance!
Best,
Eugenia