Hello!

I am hiring a friend to create some illustrations for a children's book I am writing using Kickstarter to fund the publication of the book. I was given the idea to draw up a contract for the work and have no idea where to start. I was pointed to this listserv as a place that may be able to help me out.

I've read through some online templates, but wanted to know if there is a standard contract that most illustrators use for this type of work? Does the illustrator keep the copyright of the images with a 1 time use exception for publishing the book? I would like the illustrator to be able to use the images in her portfolio and her website, but maybe not sell them. Do you have any suggestions for me?

Thanks in advance!
Best,
Eugenia