Linda,

The Adobe CC install will not overwrite or erase your copy of CS5. They can co-exist happily on your HD.

Dave

Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 7, 2017, at 9:34 AM, Linda Feltner <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>> wrote:

HI All:
Ok, I've reached the end of my workaround patience with CS5 Suite and Apple Sierra (OS10.12.3). I can't buy CS6 (not sure that will be a good fix either). So if I go to the cloud, how is the best way to preserve CS5 because it will be wiped/overwritten from the CC version?  I will need it as backup.

1. Partition the new computer's hard drive and boot up from there if needed? (2TB hard drive)
2. Copy it to an external drive partition? Slower USB or Thunderbolt/Firewire speed, granted. (Not all of the ancillary data will be there, but still on the computer hard drive?
3. Does it have to be bootable as a separate startup disk in order to run efficiently?
4. Clone it? not done that before. Reading this article:  http://www.newertech.com/tech_support/manuals/mac/clon_data.php

Question: I've not run software from a partition to work on large files (appx 500MB). . However I want to set it up in the beginning to where it's the most functional.

Any other recommendations?

Your thoughts are greatly appreciated.
Linda M. Feltner Artist LLC
520.803.0538