Here are links to a couple of downloadable papers I wrote about alcohol preserved collections, hope you find them of interest:

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/259195245_Maintaining_concentration_A_new_practical_method_for_profiling_and_topping_up_alcohol-preserved_collections

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/259194583_A_new_practical_method_for_profiling_and_topping_up_alcohol_preserved_entomology_collections

David

         [log in to unmask]" alt="Life Sciences 2015 (3) - Copy">

David G. Notton, Senior Curator (Hymenoptera)

🐝 Responsible for: Apoidea , Chrysidoidea, Cynipoidea, Proctotrupoidea, Diaprioidea, Ceraphronoidea, Platygastroidea 🐝

Department of Life Sciences, Insects Division, Darwin Centre - room 315, The Natural History Museum, Cromwell Road, London, SW7 5BD, United Kingdom. 0207 942 5974.

My publications: David Notton Researchgate profile

Museum data: Natural History Museum Data Portal

Twitter: @NHM_Bees