From: Entomological Collections Network Listserve [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Luc Willemse
Sent: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 6:53 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: valuation of insect collections

Hi Everyone,

Here in the Netherlands there is a possibility for those who donated an insect collection to use the value of the collection for tax reduction. I am trying to prepare a policy document on this subject in which I want to specify the prices Naturalis is going to apply to specific categories of insects like mounted, unmounted, type material. Anyone out there who has done this exercise already  and/or has a price-list which is used for similar purposes.

Thanks in advance for responding

Met vriendelijke groet / With kind Regards,

Luc Willemse

Afdelingshoofd Collectie Entomologie/

Head of Entomological Collections

T +31 (0)71-7519351, M +31 (0) 638471668
Darwinweg 2, Postbus 9517, 2300 RA Leiden
[log in to unmask]I www.naturalis.nl

Met vriendelijke groet / With kind Regards,

Luc Willemse

Afdelingshoofd Collectie Entomologie/

Head of Entomological Collections

T +31 (0)71-7519351, M +31 (0) 638471668
Darwinweg 2, Postbus 9517, 2300 RA Leiden
E [log in to unmask]I www.naturalis.nl

Temporary office address: Vondellaan 55, Postbus 9517, 2300 RA Leiden

Due to the construction of new public museum facilities, depots, labs and offices, the zoological, geological and paleontological collections of Naturalis Biodiversity Center in Leiden will be closed to all visitors till the end of 2018. In case of logistic questions and updates on planning and progress, please check www.naturalis.nl or contact [log in to unmask]. We sincerely apologize for this inconvenience.