Folks,
This does raise the need for a best practices document or something similar for alcohol-preserved collections. I think we've seen the worst and the best here at the Bohart Museum. I can certainly give lots of suggestions on what not to do (like preserving specimens in mouthwash in baby food bottles...) as a result of an NSF grant we got to salvage our alcoholic collection. I have a powerpoint on the subject if anyone is interested I can send a pdf.

Lynn

From: Entomological Collections Network Listserve <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Sandra Lee Brantley <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Friday, February 24, 2017 6:54:01 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Reference photos of other insect collections

Hi Christy,

That is a great idea - a colleague who's a new collection manager just asked me

for some contacts for alcohol collections - your idea will be helpful is showing

what other collections do. I have a few pictures from my collection and can

take more.

Sandy

Sandra L. Brantley, Ph.D.
Sr. Collection Manager