Presumably, all recognize that the values of entomology collections are to
be found in almost any other corner of curiosity than any country's tax
codes.

Esp. today, with the abilities to extract both the past and the future from
the residual genetic material --information and real biologically useful
material-- still embodied in collections' specimens, as well as the
increasing difficulty in obtaining new and/or replacement specimens due to
many countries' recognition of the purely avaricious values of their
biological "patrimony",  any administration which fails to recognize this
heritage and value in their collections are indeed "slippery slope" folks.

Has anyone attempted to put "real" values (to society) of our collections?

Peter