Dear Cather Scholars,

As you know, next year we'll be celebrating the 100th birthday of MyA.  Big plans are in the works for events all over the country, and there will be three special issues of The Willa Cather Newsletter and Review.  We also want to be sure that this great event will be celebrated where scholars gather, so we are hoping that there will be discussions of MyA at conferences and other events throughout 2018.  To that end, Bob Thacker will get things started by organizing a MyA session at Western Literature Association in fall, 2017.  Then John Swift will organize an American Literature Association session in spring of 2018, and for fall 2018, Melissa Homestead is planning a session at the Society for the Study of American Women Writers (Denver), and Daryl Palmer's organizing a session at WLA (St. Louis).  If you're interested in submitting a proposal for any of these sessions (for which you'll eventually see CFPs, of course), it's not too soon to be in touch with Bob or John or Melissa or Daryl (their addresses are below).

Or--what about the other conferences you may be planning to attend in 2018?  Why not propose a paper or panel or session or event focusing on this great novel?  We still have so much to say about MyA!  And please do let me know about your plans.

All best,

Ann Romines

    John Swift:  [log in to unmask]
    Bob Thacker:  [log in to unmask]