Echo: A Music-Centered Journal announces a call for submissions for publication in our upcoming issues, Volume 15, to be published in Fall 2017, and Volume 16, to be published in Fall 2018. The editors invite contributions about music and musical experiences from all disciplines. Articles published in Echo may address music and/or sound from any historical, geographic, or cultural moment. In particular, we encourage potential authors to capitalize on Echo’s digital format by incorporating audio files, images, video, and new media in their submissions. While there are no restrictions on topic, this year we are especially interested in reading scholarly work that addresses issues of race, racism, discrimination, protest, violence, and/or terrorism both within and without the academy.

In addition to articles, contributions to Echo’s "Primary Sources" series are welcomed; we invite submissions of original material useful to scholars that would not normally fall under the heading of “article” or “review,” such as interviews, translations, and digital archival projects not available elsewhere. Long-form video (e.g. interviews, lectures, demonstrations) and audio content (e.g. performances, podcasts) is also of interest to us, provided it has not previously been made available through other platforms.

Please visit http://www.echo.ucla.edu/how-to-submit/ for more information and detailed submission instructions.

The deadlines for consideration are 1 June 2017 (Volume 15) and 1 October 2017 (Volume 16).