A kickstarter or Gofundme project is a great idea. I would contribute. Definitely agree that this needs to be well researched and well written.

Best, Vicky

      From: Britt Griswold <[log in to unmask]>
 To: [log in to unmask]
 Sent: Wednesday, March 15, 2017 11:45 AM
 Subject: Re: [SCIART] article: Copyright and the Use of Images as Biodiversity Data

I am thinking that we might want to start a kickstarter type project to cover at least some of the cost, assuming there is not a copyright laywer/writer who is interested in busting the chops of these guys just for the pleasure of it. Would need to be well written, not a dense treatise with the lead buried in the back.

 I also agree that if this sort of thing goes unanswered it does spread, and pretty soon some bozo from the congressional majority picks it up and cites it as an authoritative work on proper reform for copyright law.

 Britt________________________________________________Need to leave or subscribe to the Sciart-L listserv? Follow the instructions at