That is one of my favorite museums. They have a sculpture show every year that always has amazing work.

Liz

On Mar 1, 2017 4:34 PM, "Taina Litwak" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Hi gang - Alice Tangerini and I (two Smithsonian Institution/US Dept.of Agriculture/GNSI illustrators) are featured in a new show at the Ward Museum, Salisbury Md.  We each have about 12 pieces up.

Artistry in the Age of Science
January 27 – May 14, 2017

Ward Museum, Salisbury University
909 South Schumaker Drive
Salisbury, MD 21804

Its a beautiful modern museum and the show includes a series of large Audubon prints, handcolored Catesby works, Frances Jaques and a plate of Roger Tory Peterson's.  Don Luce has a piece in it too.  A portion of the show is on loan from the collection of the Bell Museum in Minn.  In one area a digital exhibit of other contemporary GNSI illustrators is running, including Paul Mirocha, Jennifer E. Fairman, Linda Feltner, and Nichole Fuller.

The museum's focus overall is on Waterfowl Art.  Their the permanent collection consists of the most AMAZING (primarily painted wooden) bird sculptures that have ever been made.  They have vast collections of many years of the winners of the big national shows.

Here is a link to a FaceBook post I did with photos of the illustration show.  Framed series of big Audubon prints, some hand colored Catesby prints, original

https://www.facebook.com/taina.litwak/posts/10155766965267646?pnref=story

--
Taina Litwak
Litwak Illustration Studio