I queried the IAAA, International Association of Astronomical Artists, about taking a stand as well - along with the AMI and GNSI. The group is discussing making a statement about the importance of science and research, though feels it cannot have overtones of politics given its nonprofit status. This said, some of the members feel differently on a personal level and a new Facebook Group has been started called The Coalition of Concerned Artists for Science. This is described as "A central point for artists to discuss the current political attack on science and what we can do to better help educate the public." It is a public group. I've been made an admin for purposes of adding members, so if you'd like to join, feel free. Send me your name and e-mail address and I'll get you on there.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/387432588281055/

Lynette
--
Ms. Lynette R. Cook, Artist/Illustrator