Kris,

Same thing here. Actually I think its an IRS requirement.

Lynn

________________________________
From: Entomological Collections Network Listserve <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Simpson, Kristin B. <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Wednesday, March 1, 2017 6:33:04 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: valuation of insect collections

Lynn,

I'm not sure if this is just a Missouri thing, but if the donation is more than $5,000 the donor must get the appraisal from an independent source.

Kris

Kristin B. Simpson, Collections Manager
Enns Entomology Museum
3-38 Agriculture Building
mailing address:  1-33 Agriculture Building
                             University of Missouri
                             Columbia, Missouri  65211
Phone:  573-882-2410
Fax:  573-882-1469