Hi all,

We are in the process of purchasing a large quantity of 'alcohol' for
specimen storage (the specimens will be collected by pitfall traps with the
use of propylene-glycol, so no molecular work will be necessary after
that.). So far we have been using 96% dehydrated ethanol bought in bulk (one
barrel at a time). We have received an offer from a company selling
'bioethanol' in competitive prices. Does anyone have any idea of whether we
can use that instead of what we used previously? Will it create any problems
to long-term specimen storage?

Christos

- - - Scripta Manent - - -

Christos Georgiadis, PhD

Entomologist - Teaching and Research Assistant

Section of Zoology - Marine Biology

Department of Biology

University of Athens

Panepistimioupolis, GR-15784

Tel.: +30 210 7274249

Cell: +30 6945 077723

Email: cgeorgia[at}biol.uoa{dot]gr

Ants of Greece <http://greekants.myspecies.info/>

Hellenic Zoological Society <http://www.zoologiki.gr/indexen.html>

Zoological Museum University of Athens
<https://www.facebook.com/pages/Zoological-Museum-of-the-University-of-Athen
s-ZMUA/554134558046884?ref=aymt_homepage_panel>