Hi all,

We are in the process of purchasing a large quantity of ‘alcohol’ for specimen storage (the specimens will be collected by pitfall traps with the use of propylene-glycol, so no molecular work will be necessary after that…). So far we have been using 96% dehydrated ethanol bought in bulk (one barrel at a time). We have received an offer from a company selling ‘bioethanol’ in competitive prices. Does anyone have any idea of whether we can use that instead of what we used previously? Will it create any problems to long-term specimen storage?

Christos

- - - Scripta Manent - - -

Christos Georgiadis, PhD

Entomologist - Teaching and Research Assistant

Section of Zoology - Marine Biology

Department of Biology

University of Athens

Panepistimioupolis, GR-15784