Folks,
   I, too, had a recent altercation and was informed the customs form changed. The old large 2976-A and small green forms are no longer valid. The US Postal Service new International Customs Form is Form 2976-R  (note "R", dated April 2016) is for ALL international packages, big and small!  No more 4 pound bench mark for which form to use. My post office would also prefer packages be handled through their internet shipping, to reduce their work, but the new form (also in cc/triplicate) is acceptable.

   If anyone has similar issues, it could easily be that clerk's interpretation of some change. Get a second opinion at the post office, try another post office, or dig into their rules to inform the clerk at the counter. But, do so nicely, as their rules are vast and complicated and very confusing. Example:  The new clerk that I first dealt with made me translate all the addresses on the forms to be in "English", as stated in the instructions. I had to inform them there was no "English" equivalent for many parts of an international address. The next day, a different clerk had no problems with what I brought in. I believe the intent of the instructions is to prevent addresses in scripts like Chinese, Cyrillic, hieroglyphics, etc.

      Paul

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Paul E. Skelley, Ph.D., C.P.M.
Entomology Section Administrator
Florida State Collection of Arthropods
Division of Plant Industry/Entomology
Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services

Assistant Head Editor: Insecta Mundi

Desk (352) 395-4678
Fax (352) 395-4614
Receptionist (352) 395-4700

The Doyle Conner Building
1911 SW 34th St
Gainesville, Florida 32608 USA
or
P.O.Box 147100
Gainesville, Florida 32614-7100, USA

www.FreshFromFlorida.com

Please note that Florida has a broad public records law (Chapter 119, Florida Statutes).
Most written communications to or from state employees are public records obtainable
by the public upon request. Emails sent to me at this email address may be considered
public and will only be withheld from disclosure if deemed confidential pursuant to the
laws of the State of Florida.