I have found that if you are trying to add images to a database where there is a database record for that specimen, the best file name to use is the USI (Unique specimen identifier) to that record. Otherwise bulk attaching images to correct records is difficult. But I guess this is only a good naming convention if that is where you intend to access your images (in a database with its database record).

Chris

Chris Andrea Johnson, Ph.D.

Curatorial Associate

American Museum of Natural History