I have had a good deal of experience with this.
1) Go to the USPS website. Creating a login will save you a lot of time in the future. Go to International tab, then click on Complete Customs Form. Scroll down the page until you see the option that says "Just need a customs form" Proceed from there. You will print the form.

2) Fish and Wildlife: This is a pain in the butt until you get used to it. Go to https://edecs.fws.gov/    It is next to impossible to find this site without the URL.
Create a new account. WARNING: Choose a stupid password, because they will send you an unencrypted email with both your login id and password !
Once you login you choose new declaration.  This is where it gets fun. I am attaching a screen capture of one of mine that I recently submitted. You will notice that the customs form number that you just got from USPS goes under #8 House, not where it says Customs. I put Museum for bonded location. And on the bottom of the page, I put NONI and the number of insects. You do have to put a separate entry for each Country of species origin that is different.
Once you fill out the form, you send it electronically. It will then give you a page about printing things out and mailing them. You don't have to do that. I combine all my documents into a single one using Adobe. I usually have an excel sheet and/or a letter that I am sending that lists more specifically what is in the package. You will need to send them a copy of the customs form. You have to combine all your files into one, because their site will only accept and keep the most recently uploaded document.
Notes: If you get it wrong, they will tell you!!! Also, every time you get a new officer, some requirement will change.

I hope that makes sense. I have sent dozens of these. Please ask me questions if you need to!

Best Regards,

-Michelle

Michelle Kohler MPH
Prairie Research Institute