Hi Neil,

That sounds great, Neil. I would like to see what comes up from those groups.

Thanks for this,

Adrian

On Tue, Mar 28, 2017 at 8:36 AM, Neil Stanley Cobb <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Adrian,

I would also put your blog post on the iNaturalist forum and BugGuide photography forum as well as more specific insect groups if you wanted.

Neil

From: Adrian Thysse [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Saturday, March 25, 2017 7:00 PM
To: Neil Stanley Cobb <[log in to unmask]>
Cc: [log in to unmask]

Subject: Re: data on insect photos

Hi Everyone.

This is Adrian Thysse, the photographer Felix referred to at the beginning of this thread. Thanks very much for all the detailed responses. The blog post was aimed at amateur macro photographers who do not collect specimens but who have only the images. Sometimes images are submitted to entomologists, or requested by entomologists, so I thought it would be helpful if we had a system to provide additional, embedded information. As well, I think the possibility exists that some museums will be interested in receiving images as donations if they are of good quality and well-documented. I will be looking closely at all the examples and suggestions provided and possibly write a follow-up article that reflects the changes I will make when I begin labelling the images captured in the season ahead.

Thanks again,

Adrian